Friday, March 27, 2009

Uh, now what?

I've just fired my coach. Now what?

Oh, fellow Cat fans. What does the future hold? After Tubby left, I was confident the next coach would see immediate results. I couldn't wait until the coaching decision was made so that we could start the celebration. This time around, I am not as optimistic. I wasn't really excited about Donovan, but would have been comfortable with the hire. Now that he has withdrawn his name, my outlook turns quite negative. The only option I could get excited about is Calipari, but don't think there is any chance that he will get a sniff due to his brushes with the NCAA. Even with the excitement I would have for Calipari, I myself would have my own worries about his ethics.

John Clay is planning on a live blog tonight at 9:00. I plan to be there because I'm desperate for some hopeful news. Especially the way Loserville is currently thumping Arizona.

Update:

Matt Jones at KSR is doing a live blog on KSR tonight as well. His is starting at 9:30...depending on if their server cooperates.

9 comments:

  1. I either want Calipari (first choice) or Travis Ford. It would be very nerve racking with travis ford though because his style is not really any different than right now. He does play some zone D though. Travis is also shady. Had a friend that played for at Campbellsville and talked about how dirty he was, and then I was at EKU when he was there. He was a complete a**hole to all of the students all the time. He thought he was the best thing that ever walked. But with the KY ties, he may not be a bad fit. As for Calipari being dirty, I haven't heard anything about that since he was UMASS and that was years ago. His style is what KY is looking for! I say Calipari would make me the most excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have heard that about Ford too. Add that to the fact that he is still untested and that adds up to a major gamble on MB's part. MB can't afford another gamble.

    Calipari hasn't officially been charged with any violations, but he has been close enough to some questionable stories that... "where there's smoke...". If I knew he would run a clean program, he'd be my first choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the 2nd paragraph sums up my feelings on Cal to a T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Additionally, while Cal wasn't charged, the school was penalized. And it isn't like he normally recruits model citizens. While Cal might not be directly involved, he obviously allows an environment where the school could get in a lot of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly believe they should have taken Tom Crean 2 years ago when it was beween him and BCG. Look at what he did at IU this year. Only 1 or 2 scholarship players, they played decent, but he made the fans believe the program was on the way up. Assembly Hall was packed and excited every night. They supported that team even when they were down 20 or 30. Something a lot of UK fans need to learn

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally agree. Mitch missed on the Tom Crean deal. He wanted to come here bad.

    They almost mirrored our post probation team. Local kids with less talent. Next year they have a rediculous recruiting class coming in. Therefore the local kids will be smart solid bench guys next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you guys have a twitter account?

    ReplyDelete
  8. nope. only been up since the Vandy beatdown in Nashville.

    Im down if we get more readers.

    Thanks for coming. Come back any time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you should get a twitter account and make friends in KY and then post new blogs that link to this page and you will get a ton more readers. I get on here quite frequently, but I am also from Harrodsburg like a lot of others.

    ReplyDelete