Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Who are your top 13?

I am trying to ignore the anxiety I am feeling on not hearing any news. Matt Jones at KSR says the holdup hinges upon what UK will do with BCG's committments. According to Jones, Calipari isn't too impressed with them, and that only 1 is close to UK-level talent. That is surprising, because that should include Orton, Hood, and GJ.

So, let's discuss the 13 scholarship spots that UK has to offer and who should get them. NCAA rules view scholarships as a yearly renewable offer. In other words, just because you got a scholarship last year, you aren't guaranteed one this year.

My 13, in no particular order, are:

1. Pat Pat
2. Jodie Meeks
3. John Wall
4. DeMarcus Cousins
5. Xavier Henry
6. Daniel Orton
7. Darius Miller
8. John Hood
9. Ramon Harris
10. Harrelson/Pilgrim (one of the two)
11. Perry Stevenson
12. Liggins/Vilarino (one of the two)
13. Kevin Galloway

Those that don't make the list that currently have scholarships are given the choice to walk on.

Disagree with me in the comments section.

5 comments:

  1. John Hall definitely doesn't belong on the team. Jon Hood...........fo shizzle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is 4 spots
    Harris
    Harrelson
    Stevenson
    Galloway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. I didn't think that sounded right. I'll go in and edit that.

    Anon, yeah, I was iffy about stevenson too. If you take stevenson off, who do you replace him with? Same with Galloway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. some of Johnny's boys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, there are 3 other recruits for 2009 that aren't on my list. If they all come in I say both Stevenson, Galloway, Harris and the whoever was left of the Harrelson/Pilgrim combo are gone.

    That would mean 6 of the 13 scholarships are Cal recruits.

    ReplyDelete