Friday, March 27, 2009

Billy Clyde Presser

For a guy who did not enjoy the celebrity of the Kentucky coaching job, it sure is ironic Gillispie is conducting his own press conference tomorrow at 11:00am at Griffin Gate.

From the live chats of John Clay and Matt Jones tonight, the consensus seemed to me Billy Gillispie had to go. As a coach, relationships with your players are the most important thing on Earth. From what I'm understanding, this coach had absolutely horrible relationships with his players. And as much in the know as these guys are, I'd be hard pressed to disagree with either. If there are any truth to rumors of Meeks, Miller, Stewart, Liggins, Harrelson, etc transferring, Billy had to go.

At the same time, rumors are rumors. We'll never know anything for sure unless the players come out and say something about it. At this point, they might just want to move on with their lives. One the other hand, if anyone is in contact with the players on a regular basis, tell them to get in contact with me and I'll grab the rights to a tell-all book and give them a handsome cut. I'll give you a finder's fee as well.

Maybe taking some time to get a coach isn't a bad thing. We rushed and got duped last time. Why not talk to alumni (former players) to get a feel on everything. They would pack more of a punch than simply Mitch Barnhart. You can roast me below if you'd like but Oklahoma's Jeff Capel and Villanova's Jay Wright are at the top of my wish list. I'm simply not sold on Travis Ford just yet. Don't know what it is, but I'm not. One thing is for sure though - if and when Kentucky announces a new basketball coach, I will convince myself this man is THE ONE. Hopefully you will too. We cannot stay divided, the terrorists will win.

2 comments:

  1. Time to get Calapari... And we will be back on track for greatness.

    -Mikey

    ReplyDelete