Friday, March 13, 2009

This picture says it all

I'm as mad as anyone about the events transpiring today, but this picture just makes me sad. This picture was probably taken in stride, but to me it shows a human side of UK basketball. A side too far removed from casual fans. This team wants everything I want, and there is no way for me to quantify it. I will apologize for my below questioning. Every fan feels more involved than they are, leading them to insane expectations, etc. I am guilty of this. The posts below were written ASAP either as the game or post-game was unfolding. Once I calmed down, I realized I've never experienced anything other than an NCAA Tournament bid, or at least not that I remember.

Probability says even if we make the Tourney, we go down in flames first round. Hell, I'd venture to say the bubble team we play first round in the NIT might give us a beatdown. We simply don't have the horses. Whether or not Billy Clyde is the right guy or not, we won't be making any fans across the country with the insane expectations we have for our basketball program. Chances are, the more games we can play this year will benefit us since we are laden with so many young guys. Or at least this is what I'm telling myself tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment