Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cal on Twitter

Not the right Calipari

It seems like it was only a few weeks ago Calipari was sweeping us off our feet with promises to recruit the best of the best, win games and hopefully championships, and be in touch with the UK fanbase like no other. Wait a minute, that really was just a few weeks ago.

Calipari opened his Twitter account just a week or so ago, and it only took a few days to get to 10,000. Calipari commented that he couldn't wait to get to 20,000.

Ah, those were the good old days...before things went and got in a big hurry. Since then, Calipari reached his 20,000 easily, and currently stands at just under 74,000 followers. In fact, Calipari is still going strong, adding 10,000 followers just since the Wall commitment (which was a little more than 24 hours ago).

So, rather than be intimidated by the "big busy world" that we currently live in, and rather than writing "Whitenack wuz here" over the threshold of my home, I have decided to embrace this new technology.

BBB will keep a running status of Calipari's Twitter count. Purely for the sake of documentation....so that when March 2010 rolls around and Coach has 625,000 followers, we can look back on May 21st of 2009 and see how far and how fast he has come.

Additionally, if there is any noteworthy tweets (slightly embarrassed to even be typing that) from that day, we'll pass those along too.

TWITTER STATUS

Current Followers as of 10:55 pm - 73,866
Tweets of interest:
  • Pretty exciting stuff. Finish a strong recruiting class and getting ready to fly to UMass tomorrow. from txt
  • Its been an invigorating 7 weeks but also grueling. Feel like I've been in a time machine because of what we have gotten done from txt
  • Whatever comes @ me I will use in a positive way. I control how my mind responds 2 things I dont control. I will stay relentlessly positive! from txt
  • Just left the bengals practice in cincy. Always good seeing friends at work. I'm a big fan of marvin lewis and ray oliver and i go way back. from txt
  • To my good friend the honorable Tom Crean. He's right we have too much of everything at Kentucky. from txt
  • We have so much we can't handle it, AND WE HAVE TOO MANY FOLLOWERS!!! from txt
  • What's w/ this Pat Ford guy? Anybody else think this is personal. Probably trying to sell more books or tryin to shift stuff to Lexington... from txt
  • Erin & I are headed to pick up the family to drive up to UMass. It's emotional because its where it all started plus Erin's graduating Sat. from txt

5 comments:

  1. Alignment is a killer, no? Especially if you want to give the picture a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it. I have been working on it for an hour. Giving up. It is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. any shawshank references get bonus points with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for cleaning things up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most comments we've had on a post in a while.

    ReplyDelete