Friday, July 24, 2009

Cats Picked Last? Not So Fast

So now that it's officially come out that we've been picked last in the SEC East, my Big Blue spirit is getting the best of me as I'm already wanting to change my predictions. As strong willed as I am, I'm gonna have to go against something I've already said. In the Vegas preview, I took the under on 6 wins.

While I still think we have much work to do to get to 6, I've officially moved the bar to push. The Cats will get the Vegas number, if, for no other reason than to piss off everyone in the SEC. We've come too far to regress to be picked as the 11th team overall in the SEC.

I will admit, I'm the first to be the glass half empty kinda guy on the 2009 season, but LAST in the East? PaPaw Brooks & Co. have marked their words for three straight years, and even when a great senior class graduated, the Cats overcame. Andre Woodson went from a no name QB to a semi-superstar. Having PaPaw behind the reigns has to give the Big Blue confidence that he's got a little bit more up his sleeve.

What PaPaw gives us is what Billy Clyde never gave us, confidence. The players in this system have never had a losing season. That has to account for something, right? Every year, Rich Brooks has pressed the right buttons, and set a challenge down to the new breed. It has worked so far, why not now?

No comments:

Post a Comment