Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 22nd: On this date.....


$5 says it went off his foot.

..... in 2009, your University of Kentucky Wildcats received some criticism from a friend in Minnesota as former point guard Saul Smith let his feelings be known about the hiring of John Calipari. And, surprisingly, Jerry Tipton was the guy doing the interview. I'm convinced Saul was simply trying to get some publicity before the new #11 put everyone else who wore the number out to pasture. His Facebook quote:

“Bad bad day for my alma mater,” Smith wrote on Thursday. “The UK athletic program will never regain its true champion nature with Businessmen running it. Never, no matter how many so called blue chip players you bring in. You can’t sacrifice your integrity for success. You just can’t do it. I’m an alum and I deserve a clean-ran program, plain and simple. Period, and if anyone disagrees, you, my friend, shouldn’t support the program I played 4.”

That last part makes him better than you because his Dad let him play on the team. Tipton then got a few quotes from him saying, "Coach Cal is my guy," and “I don’t think he knew about (the Derrick Rose situation), so he says.” Saul later said everything was taken out of context, but his daddy didn't "pay" for players. The Facebook quote was then mysteriously deleted and Saul went back to his life of irrelevance.

Big Blue Booyah on Tom Leach

No comments:

Post a Comment