Saturday, October 24, 2009

Where is the Love?


As we all know, the football Cats are sitting at 3-3 right now. Wins over Miami (OH), Louisville, and Auburn and losses to the consensus #1, #2 teams in America with Florida and Alabama and a very good, in and out of the poll South Carolina team. That leads me to my question of at what point will the Cats start making some noise in the polls? If we win the next 4 games, which is very possible and really should happen, that would put us on a 5 game win streak leading into a trip to Athens. Could the Cats be ranked and possibly favored going to Georgia?

All questions that we hope will be answered in the next month. Looking at
the polls I see Oklahoma still ranked at #25 with the same record as the Cats. I am in no way saying we are better than Oklahoma, but when you compare UK and OU you will see an interesting story. Oklahoma is 3-3 with losses to BYU, Miami (FL), and Texas. I think the Cats 3 losses are better losses than those 3 and Oklahoma wins are over Baylor, Idaho State and Tulsa. I would make a strong argument that the Cats wins are over better teams than Oklahoma.

So is Oklahoma really better than
Kentucky? I would say without their Heisman winning quarterback, Sam Bradford out for the season, NO,. I think a UK versus Oklahoma bowl game in the Cotton Bowl would be fun for all. Matching up the 2 best conferences and an up-and-coming team versus a staple in the top 10 over the past decade. Just food for thought.

1 comment:

  1. I'll tell you after this game tonight. We have to win the "easy" games.

    ReplyDelete